Peer-Reviewed Publications (*=undergraduate researcher)
- Dueker, M. E., Gregory D. O’Mullan, Joaquín Martínez Martínez, Andrew R. Juhl, and Kathleen C. Weathers (2017). Onshore wind speed modulates microbial aerosols along an urban waterfront. Atmosphere (8(11), 215; doi:10.3390/atmos8110215).
- O’Mullan, G. D., M. E. Dueker and A. R. Juhl (2017). Challenges to managing microbial fecal pollution in coastal environments: extra-enteric ecology and microbial exchange among water, sediment, and air. Current Pollution Reports 3(1): 1-16.
- Montero, A.*, M. E. Dueker and G. D. O’Mullan (2016). Culturable bioaerosols along an urban waterfront are primarily associated with coarse particles. PeerJ 4: e2827.
- O’Mullan, G. D., M. E. Dueker, K. Clauson*, Q. Yang, K. Umemoto*, N. Zakharova, J. Matter, M. Stute, T. Takahashi, D. Goldberg (2015). Microbial stimulation and succession following a test well injection simulating CO2 leakage into a shallow Newark Basin aquifer. PLOS One, 10.1371/journal.pone.0117812.
- Yang, Q., J. Matter, M. Stute, K. Umemoto*, K. Clauson, E. Dueker, G. O’Mullan, T. Takahashi, N. Zakharova, D. Goldberg (2014). Groundwater hydrogeochemistry in injection experiments simulating CO2 leakage from geological storage reservoir. International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control, 26:193-203.
- Dueker, M. E., G.D. O’Mullan (2014). Aeration remediation of a polluted waterway increases near-surface coarse and culturable microbial aerosols. doi: 10.1016/j.scitotenv.2014.01.092. Science of the Total Environment, 478:184-189.
- Dueker, M. E., G.D. O’Mullan, A.R. Juhl, K. C. Weathers, M. Uriarte (2012). Local environmental pollution strongly influences culturable bacterial aerosols at an urban aquatic Superfund site. Environmental Science & Technology, 46 (20): 10926-10933.
- Dueker, M. E., G.D. O’Mullan, K. C. Weathers, A.R. Juhl, M. Uriarte (2011). Coupling of fog and marine microbial content in the near-shore coastal environment. Biogeosciences, 9 (2): 803-814.
- Dueker, M. E., K. C. Weathers, G.D. O’Mullan, A.R. Juhl, M. Uriarte (2011). Environmental controls on coastal coarse aerosols: implications for microbial content and deposition in the near-shore environment. Environmental Science & Technology, 45(8): 3386-3392.
- Lansbury, B.A.** and M. E. Dueker. Influence of Hudson River Estuary on the Bacterial Colonization of Riparian Vegetation. In S.H. Fernald, D.J. Yozzo and H. Andreyko (eds.), Final Reports of the Tibor T. Polgar Fellowship Program, 2015 (in press).
- Kamal, S.* and M. E. Dueker. Microbial agents of concern in water and air at the Hudson River Estuary waterfront. In S.H. Fernald, D.J. Yozzo and H. Andreyko (eds.), Final Reports of the Tibor T. Polgar Fellowship Program, 2013.
- Dueker, M. E. and G. D. O’Mullan. Capturing the nutrient overenrichment-eutrophication-hypoxia cycle in Newtown Creek. Section II: 17 pp. In S.H. Fernald, D. Yozzo and H. Andreyko (eds.), Final Reports of the Hudson River Foundation Tibor T. Polgar Fellowship Program, 2008.
- Dueker, M. E*. and R. Sambrotto. Summer microbial populations in the lower Hudson River Estuary and their relationship to dissolved organic nutrients. In W.C. Nieder & J.R. Waldman (eds.), Final Reports of the Hudson River Foundation Tibor T. Polgar Fellowship Program, 2005.